Friday, November 16, 2012

I'd Rather Watch a Good Boxing Match Too


                In response to my classmates’ blog about how society views today’s political debates, I have to totally agree with your critique about presidential elections in today’s society.  It is defiantly true that I can’t stand to have to talk to my friends about their views on politics.  Even worse, I have to read their snotty remarks about a certain candidate on Facebook all the time.  During these presidential debates, I sat there, trying to figure out which candidate is the one that would help me out the most, the one that was interested in the same things that I was.  But as I sat there listening to them, all I wondered was how long they had to sit with their advisors to make sure that they get this jab, how could the make sure that they hit their opponent with this comment and how can we work in a blow to something their saying.  They must sit in a room and decide what their opponent is going to say and just find a way to not answer the question they were asked and just entertain the public.  I agree with your first point that today’s society should be one that is desperate to talk politics, but when all we can talk about is how they destroyed their opponent on television the night before, were not really worried to much with what is going on in the country.  I feel I could compare it to friends talking about a boxing match, how they stopped that round just because the bell rung.  Now if it were a boxing match discussion that was going on, defiantly count me in, I at least know that a match is what we were waiting for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment